BB creams are a great way to get a polished look without doing much work. Depending on the kind you get, they can be a moisturizer, primer, sunblock, and foundation all in one. During my last Ulta trip, I picked this one up for summer, and I have to say, I’ve liked it a lot so far.
It’s only $9 and has more coverage than I would have expected from a BB cream. Lately, I’ve been using it when I run errands or am running late in the morning. It allows me to finish my makeup in about 5 minutes, and I don’t have as many extra steps as I normally do. The different benefits it includes are:
- Evening your skin tone (Primer/Foundation)
- Blurring imperfections (Primer)
- SPF 30
- Hydrating (Moisturizer)
- Smoothing (Primer)
It also avoids oils and heavy ingredients, so your face will feel lighter and fresher, which I’m all about in the summer. If you’re looking for a BB cream, I would say this is a great option to try out.
However, I do see a couple drawbacks with this one. For one thing, there are only three shades available. In no world do I think that’s enough. The coverage isn’t heavy, so I think there’s a little wiggle room with the shade colors, but the shades available aren’t going to work for every woman. I highly recommend testing it out before you buy a shade.
Also, the coverage doesn’t seem to be very long lasting. Even with setting powder, I feel like it’s faded quite a bit after a few hours. I’m going to try it out with a different setting spray (NYX) and see if I get different results, but as of now, I’m having trouble keeping it on.
What’s your favorite BB cream? How do you use it?
I honestly cannot believe May is already here, which means summer is just around the corner. My inner child is very excited, although summer isn’t the same for adults. Anyways, one thing that I think needs mentioning as summer approaches is the transition into summer makeup. As much as we don’t want to admit it, women do sweat, and not all makeup is built to stand up to that. When it starts getting warmer, I like to transition into using a BB cream instead of a full foundation, and here’s why:
- It’s not heavy on my skin. BB cream (or CC cream, because I tend to use Aveeno’s CC cream) is usually a sheer to medium coverage that is more meant to even things out than actually cover things up, so it’s much lighter than a full coverage foundation would be.
- It usually has an SPF built in. I’m terrible about putting sunscreen on, even though I know I should be putting it on every day, so having a BB cream with SPF already built in is really important for me.
- It works with my skin even when I vary in color a little. I’m not one to get very tan (I’m actually really pale most of the year), but I will occasionally get a little color, so it’s nice that I don’t have to change foundations. Since BB cream is a lighter coverage, the color doesn’t really show up as much, so no matter where I am on my very limited spectrum, it still works for me.
- It moisturizes your skin and evens it out at the same time. The sun (and sunburns) can really dry out your skin, so it’s important to keep it hydrated. This means drinking water regularly, too, so it can be hydrated from the inside, as well.
I will say, I’m fairly lucky in the fact that (knock on wood) my complexion is pretty good, so I don’t break out or anything too often, which is why I can get away with wearing just a BB cream instead of foundation in the summer. However, it may not be something you’re comfortable with, and that’s okay. There’s no rule saying you have to switch to something lighter in the summer, but it works for me and I just wanted to share. What’s your favorite summer makeup tip?