At my work, we did client audits today and are doing the same tomorrow, so we’ve been verifying all of their information which is extremely tedious and time-consuming, but necessary. Because of that, I felt pretty much brain-dead when I left the office this evening, so I decided to pamper myself a little when I got home. Here, in order, are the steps I took.
- Kick off my shoes, take my bra off, and put on comfy clothes. There’s nothing better in my opinion, than getting out of my bra after being in it all day.
- Take off my makeup. It was pretty warm here today and in my office, so my face felt kind of gross. After I had on more comfortable clothes, I took off my makeup, so my face felt fresh and clean. It also felt like it cooled me off a little.
- Grab a beer and lounge on the couch for a bit. After such a full day, I just needed a moment to not think about anything I had to do. My sweet cousin called me, and we got to catch up for about 20 minutes or so. It was nice.
- Pretty soon, I’ll have to cook dinner, but it’s going to be something super easy that I don’t have to think much about.
- Tonight when I shower, I’m going to use my Ulta Sugar Scrub and just relax in the shower for a bit.
I know it’s nothing fancy, but I’m hoping it’ll help me be rested and ready to go at it again tomorrow. What do you like to do for yourself after a long day?
Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and if you’re like me, you probably struggle a little every year with what to get your mom. Most moms are basically superheroes, so I’m always a fan of giving my mom something she can pamper herself with. With that being said, here are a few ideas for something you can get your mom this Mother’s Day.
- Last year, I bought my mom a few things from an Etsy shop called SlightlyMelted. They sell homemade bath bombs, bubble bars, whipped soaps, and sugar scrubs, among other pampering items. Their prices are reasonable, and my mom said she really enjoyed what I got her. I’m not sure if the shop is still in business, because they don’t have any items listed on their Etsy page right now, but I highly recommend items like this.
- A gift card to get a massage or a pedicure. My mom almost never stops moving, so giving her an hour or so of time that she can take just for her is a big deal. She’s also still very active riding horses, so she likes to get pedicures to keep her feet happy and from getting too rough or cracked. If you’re on a budget and don’t want to spend too much, Groupon usually has great deals on these kinds of things.
- Experiences that the two of you can share. When I asked my mom if there was anything specific she wanted for Mother’s Day this year, she said all she wanted was to see me. I live in a different state now, and although they can travel easily since my dad is a retired pilot, I don’t always get to see them as often as we’d like. Groupon is a great way to find something that you can do with your mom. Wine and painting classes are a great option, and I know some bars or restaurants even have terrarium nights, which look pretty cool. I also took my mom to one of those escape games, and she loved it, because she loves mysteries and we used to play Nancy Drew games together when I was little.
In the end, no one knows your mom better than you, so trust your gut when deciding what to get her. Hopefully she won’t see this, but my mom loves cornflowers, so I found a really pretty cornflower and gold flakes resin necklace on Etsy that I’m planning to get for her, and she’s hopefully going to get to come up and see one of my volleyball games. What are you planning to get your mom this year?
One of my friends recently asked me for a body scrub recommendation, and I realized it might be something y’all are looking for, too. You guys know how much I like ULTA, and their body scrub is one of my favorites. It smells amazing (they have other scents as well; my friend bought coconut cream), they make my skin feel amazing, and they’re so cheap! They make great gifts or are perfect for treat yourself days. I like to use mine mostly on my arms and shoulders, but I will also do my legs right after I shave sometimes. What’s your favorite body scrub?