I think I have a new favorite lipstick. I bought this last week in Lover (kind of a berry pink) and Poet (coral). Yesterday, I put Lover on around 11 AM, and it was still flawless when I took it off at 10:30 PM. It lasted through two meals, and I honestly think it would have lasted all night if I hadn’t taken it off. I never even had to touch it up.
The brush is a little weird at first, but it’s shaped well. The colors are great and pretty true to the color of the tube. I bought mine at ULTA for about $9.50 each, and I’d say they were well worth it. I would definitely recommend these to anyone who needs long-lasting lip colors, and I’ll be checking out more of the shades for sure.
Last week, I purchased some new makeup from Ulta, and it hasn’t come in yet, but I’m very excited for it. In preparation for it to be here later today, I thought I’d let you guys know what I got, so you can hopefully look forward to some good reviews in the next few weeks. I’m very hopeful about the pieces in this shipment, and I think you guys will enjoy some of them, as well!
- Dream Fresh BB Cream 8-In-1 Skin Perfector – I recently did a post about why I prefer to use BB cream instead of foundation in the summer, so I decided to try this one out. I like Maybelline’s Baby Skin Primer, so I think their BB cream might work well for me, too.
- FaceStudio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter – I ended up getting the NYX Wonder Stick, and it’s okay, but the highlighter isn’t very shimmery. I know some women like a matter highlighter, but I prefer to glow a little more, so I’m thinking this one may be more my speed.
- SuperStay Matte Ink Lip Color – I actually got two of these, Lover and Poet. One of my best friends has Lover, and it looks really good on her. She’s been telling me for weeks how great these are, so I finally caved and bought a couple. I stayed with safer shades, since I was buying online, but it looked like they had a lot of really neat colors that I’d like to try out.
- Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation – I’ve heard some good things about this foundation, so I thought I’d check it out. I like my current one, but I could use one with a little more coverage for some occasions, so hopefully this one will check that box. Plus, I needed to spend a little more to get free shipping and my free gift, so what the heck, right?
- Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition 21 Color Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette – I’m probably most excited about this. First, it was only $18, and it has a lot of colors that I think I can wear on a daily basis. Plus, it’s just a beautiful palette. I’ve never used any BH Cosmetics stuff, but it looked like it had some good reviews. I’ll be sure to let you know how it goes.
- 4-Piece MAC Gift Set – Because I spent $50 (which is what you need for free shipping, anyways), I got a free 4-piece gift set from MAC. I can’t remember exactly what it featured off the top of my head, and the listing isn’t available anymore, but I know it had a lipstick, a mascara, maybe a primer, and something else. I’ve never tried any MAC products, because they are so expensive, but I’m excited to see if they’re worth the hype.
With a $3.50 off coupon, I got all of this for $55.09, which I personally think is amazing for all of this. I can’t wait to play with it all and let you know how everything is working. What are your favorite pieces from recent beauty hauls?
There is a lot to love about spring. Great weather, flowers blooming, lots of baby animals, and the return of colors to the fashion world. Things get a little dark during the fall and winter (not that I’m complaining; I think gray might be one of my favorite colors), but when spring comes around, color starts to creep back in. This return of color is one of the things that excites me about spring makeup. Spring palettes give me a chance to step outside of my comfort zone and add a little color to my makeup routine.
Eyeshadow colors are one of my favorite things to play with during spring. Yesterday, I wore a light green eyeshadow instead of my normal nude/light gold look just because. The free Ulta palette I got in the bag I posted about a couple of weeks ago has several really cute spring colors. There is a pale shimmery pink that I have been wearing almost daily called Peony Bouquet. I am crazy about it, so if you’re in the market for something springy and simple, it’s definitely worth checking out. It also contains an off-white base, a light green, a lilac, a mauve, and a bronze color. I’m very excited to continue to play around with some spring combos and find one that works for me.
I also like spring lip colors. While at Ulta a couple of weeks ago, I was looking through their Color Rush Lip Gloss (which is probably one of my favorite gloss lines), and I picked up two. A mauve (Elizabeth) which is well within my comfort zone and I do really like, and then I got a brighter coral color (Audrey). Audrey is definitely not in my comfort zone, but I am challenging myself to wear it. I think stepping outside of your comfort zone is so important, because you may end up finding something you love.
If you’re having trouble finding ways to step outside of your comfort zone this spring, check out this lip gloss set from LORAC:
LORAC Mod Goddess Alter Ego Volume III Lip Gloss Set, Vanilla
Or this spring eyeshadow palette that has a bunch of really pretty pastels and nudes:
Best Pro Eyeshadow Palette Makeup – Matte + Shimmer 16 Colors – High Pigmented – Professional Vegan Nudes Warm Natural Bronze Neutral Smokey Cosmetic Eye Shadows
What are you favorite pieces of spring makeup? How do you plan to step outside of your comfort zone this spring?