I always knew concealer was good for diminishing the look of acne, but recently I’ve learned about some other ways that concealer can be used. I honestly had no idea that concealer could be used for so much, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. It is definitely something everyone should keep in their makeup bag for these three reasons:
- Concealer can cover a multitude of “sins” if you will. Redness, blemishes, and dark circles can all be minimized with a little concealer. I wouldn’t put it on your whole face, but used sparingly it can be super helpful.
- It can be used as a matte highlighter. Sometimes you don’t want your face to be shiny, but you still want to contour. In these instances, concealer is a great option, especially if you use concealer that is one shade lighter than your normal face makeup.
- Eyeshadow primer. Putting a little concealer on your lids before your eyeshadow will give it something to stick to and keep it from melting into the creases. Getting my eyeshadow to stay on is probably one of my biggest makeup struggles, so I may give this a shot rather than continuing to buy separate eyeshadow primers.
I don’t have a concealer recommendation yet, because I haven’t tried too many out. What’s your favorite concealer? I’ll probably head to Ulta sometime this week and try to find one for me.
I was really excited about this palette when I ordered it and rightfully so. I really like the colors included, albeit they’re a little pinker than I would have liked since I’m so fair. However, I think they actually work for me, so I’m not upset about it. It also has a good assortments of matte and shimmery eyeshadow, so I’ve got something for every occasion.
So far, the middle row of eyeshadows is my favorite. I want to use the bottom row and the two metallics at the very bottom, but I haven’t had a reason yet. I also love the wide highlighter on the left. I haven’t tried the right one yet, but the left one is a great color for me, it gives me a great shine, and it’s long-lasting.
Most of this palette lasts really well, actually. It wasn’t very expensive ($18), so I was a little nervous about the quality. However, with setting powder, it lasted me about 8 hours yesterday, and it was pretty warm outside. I haven’t tried it without setting powder.
Has anyone else tried this palette or other things from BH Cosmetics? What were your thoughts? I think I may look into some of their other stuff, since this worked out so well. They have a zodiac palette that looks neat, but I don’t really need another palette at the moment (nor do I have space for one!).
Last week, I purchased some new makeup from Ulta, and it hasn’t come in yet, but I’m very excited for it. In preparation for it to be here later today, I thought I’d let you guys know what I got, so you can hopefully look forward to some good reviews in the next few weeks. I’m very hopeful about the pieces in this shipment, and I think you guys will enjoy some of them, as well!
- Dream Fresh BB Cream 8-In-1 Skin Perfector – I recently did a post about why I prefer to use BB cream instead of foundation in the summer, so I decided to try this one out. I like Maybelline’s Baby Skin Primer, so I think their BB cream might work well for me, too.
- FaceStudio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter – I ended up getting the NYX Wonder Stick, and it’s okay, but the highlighter isn’t very shimmery. I know some women like a matter highlighter, but I prefer to glow a little more, so I’m thinking this one may be more my speed.
- SuperStay Matte Ink Lip Color – I actually got two of these, Lover and Poet. One of my best friends has Lover, and it looks really good on her. She’s been telling me for weeks how great these are, so I finally caved and bought a couple. I stayed with safer shades, since I was buying online, but it looked like they had a lot of really neat colors that I’d like to try out.
- Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation – I’ve heard some good things about this foundation, so I thought I’d check it out. I like my current one, but I could use one with a little more coverage for some occasions, so hopefully this one will check that box. Plus, I needed to spend a little more to get free shipping and my free gift, so what the heck, right?
- Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition 21 Color Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette – I’m probably most excited about this. First, it was only $18, and it has a lot of colors that I think I can wear on a daily basis. Plus, it’s just a beautiful palette. I’ve never used any BH Cosmetics stuff, but it looked like it had some good reviews. I’ll be sure to let you know how it goes.
- 4-Piece MAC Gift Set – Because I spent $50 (which is what you need for free shipping, anyways), I got a free 4-piece gift set from MAC. I can’t remember exactly what it featured off the top of my head, and the listing isn’t available anymore, but I know it had a lipstick, a mascara, maybe a primer, and something else. I’ve never tried any MAC products, because they are so expensive, but I’m excited to see if they’re worth the hype.
With a $3.50 off coupon, I got all of this for $55.09, which I personally think is amazing for all of this. I can’t wait to play with it all and let you know how everything is working. What are your favorite pieces from recent beauty hauls?
I haven’t made an Ulta run in a while, and I think I’m starting to have withdrawal symptoms. I’ve been looking through their site and figuring out some new things to try out, so I can make my makeup routine even better. I’ve started making a summer makeup wish list to help me decide what to get next time I go, which will hopefully be this week. I thought I’d share this list with y’all in case anyone else was looking for some new makeup, as well, or to see if any of you had tried these things and could tell me what you thought.
These are the specific products I’ve been looking at, but I’m also on the lookout for some new eyeshadows, and I’m definitely open to suggestions there. What’s on your summer makeup wish list?
Let me start this by saying, sorry for not posting this at my normal time yesterday. I seem to have found myself with a lot on my plate this week, and it totally slipped my mind. However, I have recently discovered the joys of setting powder and wanted to share some of those with you today. I have been using Ulta’s Mineral Setting Powder, which is $14 for .26 oz, and I really like it. I don’t have to use much; I just get a little on my brush and swirl it around the lid before brushing it onto my face. So, here are some of my favorite things about it:
- It helps my makeup stay on a lot longer during the day. Before setting powder, a lot of my makeup would wear off by about lunch time, so I’d spend the rest of the day looking like I just rolled out of bed, even though I had spent the time to do my makeup in the morning. Now, my makeup stays on at least twice as long, and I can pretty much get through the work day without having to worry about if my makeup is still on or not.
- My eye makeup doesn’t melt. I run into a problem a lot where my eye makeup tends to melt a little and run down into my eyes, which as you can imagine, doesn’t feel great. By dusting a little setting powder over my eyelids when I’m done with my eye makeup, I haven’t run into this problem nearly as much. It still occasionally happens on warmer days, but I’m much better off now.
- It tones down my highlighter. I have a highlighter that is very bright and makes me look far too shiny. However, I don’t like to waste things, so I keep using it. I’ve found that my setting powder balances it out quite a bit and gives me a more matte finish while still letting me get the benefits of highlighting my face.
If you haven’t already, I highly recommend looking into a setting powder, because it honestly changed my life. It’s lightweight, and except for all the benefits mentioned, I don’t even notice I’m wearing it. What’s your favorite setting powder?
I posted a few days ago about the freebies Ulta was giving away with purchase, so in true me fashion, I went up there and bought some makeup wipes and a couple of lip glosses, so I could get my free bag. It is so cute, and I got some really great stuff in it.
Look how cute! Even a couple of the palettes match! I wasn’t expecting to like the pink this much, because I’m not really a pink girl, but I really like it.
So, what did I get? Well, inside this adorable bag was:
- Blush/bronzer palette
- Eyeshadow palette with 6 adorable spring colors (I can’t wait to try these)
- Blush brush
- Lipstick in Pink Chocolate
- Tinted Eye Primer in Peach Glow
- Liquid Illuminator in Northern Lights (I’ve already tried it and I’m in love)
- Plush Drama Volumizing Mascara
- Clear Brow Shaping Gel
- Juice Infused Lip Oil in Coconut (it smells amazing)
- Dual-pencil sharpener
- Lip Liner Pencil in Bittersweet
- Mattifying Face Primer (always up for a good primer sample)
- Eyeliner Pencil in Blackout
- $5 off $15 coupon
One thing I love about Ulta’s gift bags is that they always give me things that are about to be in season. So far, I can’t think of anything I’ve gotten in one of their bags that I’ve been disappointed with. I haven’t been able to try everything out yet, but so far, my favorite thing is the liquid illuminator. It gives me a good highlight without being too bright, and it goes on really easily. Did anyone else go grab a freebie bag from Ulta? What was your favorite part of it?
So, I’m a huge basketball fan. I love the Kentucky Wildcats, and I watch a lot of NBA with my husband. For my fellow Cats fans, you know this season isn’t going as well as our standard, and it’s been a little frustrating. But, I still like my team and wouldn’t trade them for the world. Cal is the best coach we could ask for, and I think he’s doing exactly what he needs to be doing.
With that being said, they lost today, and rather than heading home where my husband is playing Call of Duty with some of his friends, I headed to Ulta for some much needed retail therapy. They had a 20% off coupon, so I got some good stuff that I needed anyways. I got some Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Oil shampoo and conditioner, which I’ve heard great things about and am excited to try. I got a Maybelline Baby Face Pore Eraser, because I’m still searching for a primer that I like and won’t break the bank. Finally, I got an Essence baked highlighter. I’m excited to try it out, so I’ll let you know how it goes.
Who’s your team? What’s your favorite way to cope with a loss? Let me know, and good luck to your teams this weekend!