If you’re anything like me, occasionally you’re running late and have to rush through your makeup routine. For those special morning, I have a five product routine that I do, so I can still look presentable, but it takes less time than my normal routine. I figured I’m not the only one who has this problem, so I thought I’d share my routine to give other ladies like me a little inspiration.
- I start with my Baby Skin primer. This is a pore eraser, so it gives me a smooth canvas to work with. It also makes my makeup stay on longer, because it gives my foundation something to stick to.
- While my primer is drying, I put on my eyeliner. I use a gel pencil from Ulta and just swipe it under my top lashes and along my bottom eyelid. Then, I smudge it a little if it’s too dark.
- Next, I put on my foundation. I use CoverGirl TruBlend. It isn’t very expensive and it works well for me, but use whatever you like best.
- While my foundation is drying, I use a tinted eye primer to get some color. I really like Ulta’s Tinted Eye Primer, and this one is Satin Blush. It’s not very bright, but it gives my lids a little shimmer, which I like for everyday wear anyways.
- Finally, I contour using a matte bronzer. This helps define my face a little, and for me, it’s more important than blush or highlighter, so I always make sure this gets done.
What is your in a hurry beauty routine? What products help you cut your time down in the morning?
I posted a few days ago about the freebies Ulta was giving away with purchase, so in true me fashion, I went up there and bought some makeup wipes and a couple of lip glosses, so I could get my free bag. It is so cute, and I got some really great stuff in it.
Look how cute! Even a couple of the palettes match! I wasn’t expecting to like the pink this much, because I’m not really a pink girl, but I really like it.
So, what did I get? Well, inside this adorable bag was:
- Blush/bronzer palette
- Eyeshadow palette with 6 adorable spring colors (I can’t wait to try these)
- Blush brush
- Lipstick in Pink Chocolate
- Tinted Eye Primer in Peach Glow
- Liquid Illuminator in Northern Lights (I’ve already tried it and I’m in love)
- Plush Drama Volumizing Mascara
- Clear Brow Shaping Gel
- Juice Infused Lip Oil in Coconut (it smells amazing)
- Dual-pencil sharpener
- Lip Liner Pencil in Bittersweet
- Mattifying Face Primer (always up for a good primer sample)
- Eyeliner Pencil in Blackout
- $5 off $15 coupon
One thing I love about Ulta’s gift bags is that they always give me things that are about to be in season. So far, I can’t think of anything I’ve gotten in one of their bags that I’ve been disappointed with. I haven’t been able to try everything out yet, but so far, my favorite thing is the liquid illuminator. It gives me a good highlight without being too bright, and it goes on really easily. Did anyone else go grab a freebie bag from Ulta? What was your favorite part of it?
This weekend, I took advantage of a sale Ulta was having and bought a palette from Tarte that includes a blush, highlighter, four eyeshadow colors, and an eyeliner. It’s travel-sized, which was great because we spent the weekend with my husband’s parents in their cabin, so I didn’t want to take a ton of makeup with me. This palette has now become one of my favorite things.
The blush is a peachy pink color that looks great on most skin tones. It is pretty pigmented, so just get a little on your brush. The highlighter is a great pearlescent beige. I just wish the slot was a little bigger. I also love the eyeshadow shades because they combine well or look great on their own. I haven’t tried the eyeliner yet, because I forgot my brush, but I’m excited to try a powder eyeliner.
Tarte is usually an expensive brand, so I’ve been hesitant to try it, but I’m glad I did. It has definitely moved to my list of prestige brands I don’t mind paying for. Plus, I love that this palette comes in such a cute little compact! What are some prestige brands you’ve fallen for?
My husband keeps asking me what I want for Christmas, and I’m the worst because I honestly have no idea. The only things I wanted I gave on a list to both of our parents, because they tend to press the issue a little more. It has, however, gotten me thinking about my makeup wish list, which I would give my husband, but he doesn’t quite understand the makeup world yet, although he is learning. It’s really sweet.
One thing I’ve been looking for is a quality highlighter. I like my BECCA Backlight Priming Filter, so I imagine I would like their highlighter, too, but I haven’t tried it yet. I also saw that Ulta has Stila highlighters on sale today for 50% off, and I’ve had good results with Stile products before. I generally just use Ulta’s brand highlighters, which work okay, but I want to change it up a little, and I’m not sure which products I should look at. The problem is, I don’t really know what I want out of a highlighter that I’m not getting; I think it’s just something that I’ll know it when I see it.
Another thing I want, which I can’t find in any store, is to be better at applying my eyeliner. I do fine with everyday wear, but I can’t figure out how to do those really glamorous wings that everyone posts pictures of. It’s probably got some to do with the kind of eyeliner I wear, because I mostly use pencils or gel pencils, and I think you have to use liquid eyeliner to get that. Maybe one day I’ll find a liquid eyeliner that doesn’t terrify me.
Finally, I’d love some mascara that doesn’t flake or clump. I don’t even wear it most days, because it gets in my eyes. I have a No. 7 mascara that is the best I’ve found so far. The flaking is minimal, and it clumps way less than most of my other mascaras, but it would still be nice if I could put some on without the fear of having it flake down into my eyes. Usually ones that don’t flake end up clumping, and the ones that don’t clump will flake.
If anyone has any suggestions for my makeup wish list, I would love to hear them. Be one of Santa’s helpers this year and help me mark off my list. What’s on your makeup wish list?