If you’re anything like me, occasionally you’re running late and have to rush through your makeup routine. For those special morning, I have a five product routine that I do, so I can still look presentable, but it takes less time than my normal routine. I figured I’m not the only one who has this problem, so I thought I’d share my routine to give other ladies like me a little inspiration.
- I start with my Baby Skin primer. This is a pore eraser, so it gives me a smooth canvas to work with. It also makes my makeup stay on longer, because it gives my foundation something to stick to.
- While my primer is drying, I put on my eyeliner. I use a gel pencil from Ulta and just swipe it under my top lashes and along my bottom eyelid. Then, I smudge it a little if it’s too dark.
- Next, I put on my foundation. I use CoverGirl TruBlend. It isn’t very expensive and it works well for me, but use whatever you like best.
- While my foundation is drying, I use a tinted eye primer to get some color. I really like Ulta’s Tinted Eye Primer, and this one is Satin Blush. It’s not very bright, but it gives my lids a little shimmer, which I like for everyday wear anyways.
- Finally, I contour using a matte bronzer. This helps define my face a little, and for me, it’s more important than blush or highlighter, so I always make sure this gets done.
What is your in a hurry beauty routine? What products help you cut your time down in the morning?
I posted a few days ago about the freebies Ulta was giving away with purchase, so in true me fashion, I went up there and bought some makeup wipes and a couple of lip glosses, so I could get my free bag. It is so cute, and I got some really great stuff in it.
Look how cute! Even a couple of the palettes match! I wasn’t expecting to like the pink this much, because I’m not really a pink girl, but I really like it.
So, what did I get? Well, inside this adorable bag was:
- Blush/bronzer palette
- Eyeshadow palette with 6 adorable spring colors (I can’t wait to try these)
- Blush brush
- Lipstick in Pink Chocolate
- Tinted Eye Primer in Peach Glow
- Liquid Illuminator in Northern Lights (I’ve already tried it and I’m in love)
- Plush Drama Volumizing Mascara
- Clear Brow Shaping Gel
- Juice Infused Lip Oil in Coconut (it smells amazing)
- Dual-pencil sharpener
- Lip Liner Pencil in Bittersweet
- Mattifying Face Primer (always up for a good primer sample)
- Eyeliner Pencil in Blackout
- $5 off $15 coupon
One thing I love about Ulta’s gift bags is that they always give me things that are about to be in season. So far, I can’t think of anything I’ve gotten in one of their bags that I’ve been disappointed with. I haven’t been able to try everything out yet, but so far, my favorite thing is the liquid illuminator. It gives me a good highlight without being too bright, and it goes on really easily. Did anyone else go grab a freebie bag from Ulta? What was your favorite part of it?