I always knew concealer was good for diminishing the look of acne, but recently I’ve learned about some other ways that concealer can be used. I honestly had no idea that concealer could be used for so much, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. It is definitely something everyone should keep in their makeup bag for these three reasons:
- Concealer can cover a multitude of “sins” if you will. Redness, blemishes, and dark circles can all be minimized with a little concealer. I wouldn’t put it on your whole face, but used sparingly it can be super helpful.
- It can be used as a matte highlighter. Sometimes you don’t want your face to be shiny, but you still want to contour. In these instances, concealer is a great option, especially if you use concealer that is one shade lighter than your normal face makeup.
- Eyeshadow primer. Putting a little concealer on your lids before your eyeshadow will give it something to stick to and keep it from melting into the creases. Getting my eyeshadow to stay on is probably one of my biggest makeup struggles, so I may give this a shot rather than continuing to buy separate eyeshadow primers.
I don’t have a concealer recommendation yet, because I haven’t tried too many out. What’s your favorite concealer? I’ll probably head to Ulta sometime this week and try to find one for me.
I haven’t made an Ulta run in a while, and I think I’m starting to have withdrawal symptoms. I’ve been looking through their site and figuring out some new things to try out, so I can make my makeup routine even better. I’ve started making a summer makeup wish list to help me decide what to get next time I go, which will hopefully be this week. I thought I’d share this list with y’all in case anyone else was looking for some new makeup, as well, or to see if any of you had tried these things and could tell me what you thought.
These are the specific products I’ve been looking at, but I’m also on the lookout for some new eyeshadows, and I’m definitely open to suggestions there. What’s on your summer makeup wish list?
If you’re anything like me, occasionally you’re running late and have to rush through your makeup routine. For those special morning, I have a five product routine that I do, so I can still look presentable, but it takes less time than my normal routine. I figured I’m not the only one who has this problem, so I thought I’d share my routine to give other ladies like me a little inspiration.
- I start with my Baby Skin primer. This is a pore eraser, so it gives me a smooth canvas to work with. It also makes my makeup stay on longer, because it gives my foundation something to stick to.
- While my primer is drying, I put on my eyeliner. I use a gel pencil from Ulta and just swipe it under my top lashes and along my bottom eyelid. Then, I smudge it a little if it’s too dark.
- Next, I put on my foundation. I use CoverGirl TruBlend. It isn’t very expensive and it works well for me, but use whatever you like best.
- While my foundation is drying, I use a tinted eye primer to get some color. I really like Ulta’s Tinted Eye Primer, and this one is Satin Blush. It’s not very bright, but it gives my lids a little shimmer, which I like for everyday wear anyways.
- Finally, I contour using a matte bronzer. This helps define my face a little, and for me, it’s more important than blush or highlighter, so I always make sure this gets done.
What is your in a hurry beauty routine? What products help you cut your time down in the morning?