I was really excited about this palette when I ordered it and rightfully so. I really like the colors included, albeit they’re a little pinker than I would have liked since I’m so fair. However, I think they actually work for me, so I’m not upset about it. It also has a good assortments of matte and shimmery eyeshadow, so I’ve got something for every occasion.
So far, the middle row of eyeshadows is my favorite. I want to use the bottom row and the two metallics at the very bottom, but I haven’t had a reason yet. I also love the wide highlighter on the left. I haven’t tried the right one yet, but the left one is a great color for me, it gives me a great shine, and it’s long-lasting.
Most of this palette lasts really well, actually. It wasn’t very expensive ($18), so I was a little nervous about the quality. However, with setting powder, it lasted me about 8 hours yesterday, and it was pretty warm outside. I haven’t tried it without setting powder.
Has anyone else tried this palette or other things from BH Cosmetics? What were your thoughts? I think I may look into some of their other stuff, since this worked out so well. They have a zodiac palette that looks neat, but I don’t really need another palette at the moment (nor do I have space for one!).
Last week, I purchased some new makeup from Ulta, and it hasn’t come in yet, but I’m very excited for it. In preparation for it to be here later today, I thought I’d let you guys know what I got, so you can hopefully look forward to some good reviews in the next few weeks. I’m very hopeful about the pieces in this shipment, and I think you guys will enjoy some of them, as well!
- Dream Fresh BB Cream 8-In-1 Skin Perfector – I recently did a post about why I prefer to use BB cream instead of foundation in the summer, so I decided to try this one out. I like Maybelline’s Baby Skin Primer, so I think their BB cream might work well for me, too.
- FaceStudio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter – I ended up getting the NYX Wonder Stick, and it’s okay, but the highlighter isn’t very shimmery. I know some women like a matter highlighter, but I prefer to glow a little more, so I’m thinking this one may be more my speed.
- SuperStay Matte Ink Lip Color – I actually got two of these, Lover and Poet. One of my best friends has Lover, and it looks really good on her. She’s been telling me for weeks how great these are, so I finally caved and bought a couple. I stayed with safer shades, since I was buying online, but it looked like they had a lot of really neat colors that I’d like to try out.
- Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation – I’ve heard some good things about this foundation, so I thought I’d check it out. I like my current one, but I could use one with a little more coverage for some occasions, so hopefully this one will check that box. Plus, I needed to spend a little more to get free shipping and my free gift, so what the heck, right?
- Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition 21 Color Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette – I’m probably most excited about this. First, it was only $18, and it has a lot of colors that I think I can wear on a daily basis. Plus, it’s just a beautiful palette. I’ve never used any BH Cosmetics stuff, but it looked like it had some good reviews. I’ll be sure to let you know how it goes.
- 4-Piece MAC Gift Set – Because I spent $50 (which is what you need for free shipping, anyways), I got a free 4-piece gift set from MAC. I can’t remember exactly what it featured off the top of my head, and the listing isn’t available anymore, but I know it had a lipstick, a mascara, maybe a primer, and something else. I’ve never tried any MAC products, because they are so expensive, but I’m excited to see if they’re worth the hype.
With a $3.50 off coupon, I got all of this for $55.09, which I personally think is amazing for all of this. I can’t wait to play with it all and let you know how everything is working. What are your favorite pieces from recent beauty hauls?