At my work, we did client audits today and are doing the same tomorrow, so we’ve been verifying all of their information which is extremely tedious and time-consuming, but necessary. Because of that, I felt pretty much brain-dead when I left the office this evening, so I decided to pamper myself a little when I got home. Here, in order, are the steps I took.
- Kick off my shoes, take my bra off, and put on comfy clothes. There’s nothing better in my opinion, than getting out of my bra after being in it all day.
- Take off my makeup. It was pretty warm here today and in my office, so my face felt kind of gross. After I had on more comfortable clothes, I took off my makeup, so my face felt fresh and clean. It also felt like it cooled me off a little.
- Grab a beer and lounge on the couch for a bit. After such a full day, I just needed a moment to not think about anything I had to do. My sweet cousin called me, and we got to catch up for about 20 minutes or so. It was nice.
- Pretty soon, I’ll have to cook dinner, but it’s going to be something super easy that I don’t have to think much about.
- Tonight when I shower, I’m going to use my Ulta Sugar Scrub and just relax in the shower for a bit.
I know it’s nothing fancy, but I’m hoping it’ll help me be rested and ready to go at it again tomorrow. What do you like to do for yourself after a long day?
I’m headed to one of my friend’s weddings tomorrow, and I couldn’t be more excited. My husband and I haven’t been to a wedding since we got married, and we’re excited to enjoy one after knowing what all goes into one. Since wedding season is upon us, I thought I’d give you guys a few makeup tips for any you’ll be attending this summer.
1. Waterproof eyeliner and mascara is a must. Whether you’re a cryer or a sweater, summer weddings are a haven for runny makeup. Do what you can to keep it in place.
2. Choose makeup with a sunscreen. Many summer weddings are outdoors, and you don’t want to be red in any pictures.
3. Setting powder or spray is your friend. Again, it’s hot out there, so you definitely want to do what you can to keep it on.
How many weddings do you have this summer? What are your favorite makeup tips for weddings?
If you’ve ever watched Pretty Little Liars, you probably recognize her as Hanna Marin. I’ve been watching through it lately from some combination of boredom and bachelor drama withdrawal (which is over now YAY!), and I’m really enjoying it. It was on while I was in high school, and I read the books, but with sports and school and homework, I could never keep up with it.
Anyways, watching through it, I’ve realized how much I love the hair and makeup in this show, especially Hanna’s. All the girls are beautiful, but I think Hanna’s style lines up more with mine. I love Aria’s look, but it’s a little edgier than what I’m comfortable with. I realize they’re all done professionally, but I’m so jealous of how perfect it looks. The eyeliner especially. I think eyeliner is my kryptonite.
Who are some of your makeup icons? What do you wish you could do like them?
Dear Cosmetics Companies,
Let me start by saying that I love your products, and I rarely leave home without several of them on. They can do a lot for my face, including cover redness, minimize pores, and even make my face look thinner. However, I do have one small complaint, and that is how foundations are labeled.
Now, I realize you want to make yours stand out, so you give them creative names and tone scales, but as a consumer, it would make my life infinitely easier if I could tell if your foundation would match my skin tone just by looking at the label. I have found a few different foundations that I like, but if I ever want to venture outside of those, I’m basically just guessing as to whether it will look right on me.
My request is simple: come up with a standardized numbering system (similar to clothes sizing, even though we all know how much those can vary) that assigns each shade a different number. This way, you can have color swatches, so your customer immediately knows what shade they need and won’t have to play trial and error until they get it right.
While it may seem like this would take a lot of time and money up front, I think it would actually save you a lot of both in the long run. You won’t have to worry about as many returns from customers who bought the wrong shade, which then renders that bottle useless. In addition, you likely won’t have to field as many complaints about the difficulty of finding the right shade. I know it won’t cut out all complaints, but I think it would help.
I hope you’ll consider my proposal, and begin working on a better system. I think a lot of people will agree that they would be much happier with something like this in place.
Content Creator: Potentialmakeupblog.com
I was really excited about this palette when I ordered it and rightfully so. I really like the colors included, albeit they’re a little pinker than I would have liked since I’m so fair. However, I think they actually work for me, so I’m not upset about it. It also has a good assortments of matte and shimmery eyeshadow, so I’ve got something for every occasion.
So far, the middle row of eyeshadows is my favorite. I want to use the bottom row and the two metallics at the very bottom, but I haven’t had a reason yet. I also love the wide highlighter on the left. I haven’t tried the right one yet, but the left one is a great color for me, it gives me a great shine, and it’s long-lasting.
Most of this palette lasts really well, actually. It wasn’t very expensive ($18), so I was a little nervous about the quality. However, with setting powder, it lasted me about 8 hours yesterday, and it was pretty warm outside. I haven’t tried it without setting powder.
Has anyone else tried this palette or other things from BH Cosmetics? What were your thoughts? I think I may look into some of their other stuff, since this worked out so well. They have a zodiac palette that looks neat, but I don’t really need another palette at the moment (nor do I have space for one!).
I think I have a new favorite lipstick. I bought this last week in Lover (kind of a berry pink) and Poet (coral). Yesterday, I put Lover on around 11 AM, and it was still flawless when I took it off at 10:30 PM. It lasted through two meals, and I honestly think it would have lasted all night if I hadn’t taken it off. I never even had to touch it up.
The brush is a little weird at first, but it’s shaped well. The colors are great and pretty true to the color of the tube. I bought mine at ULTA for about $9.50 each, and I’d say they were well worth it. I would definitely recommend these to anyone who needs long-lasting lip colors, and I’ll be checking out more of the shades for sure.
Last week, I purchased some new makeup from Ulta, and it hasn’t come in yet, but I’m very excited for it. In preparation for it to be here later today, I thought I’d let you guys know what I got, so you can hopefully look forward to some good reviews in the next few weeks. I’m very hopeful about the pieces in this shipment, and I think you guys will enjoy some of them, as well!
- Dream Fresh BB Cream 8-In-1 Skin Perfector – I recently did a post about why I prefer to use BB cream instead of foundation in the summer, so I decided to try this one out. I like Maybelline’s Baby Skin Primer, so I think their BB cream might work well for me, too.
- FaceStudio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter – I ended up getting the NYX Wonder Stick, and it’s okay, but the highlighter isn’t very shimmery. I know some women like a matter highlighter, but I prefer to glow a little more, so I’m thinking this one may be more my speed.
- SuperStay Matte Ink Lip Color – I actually got two of these, Lover and Poet. One of my best friends has Lover, and it looks really good on her. She’s been telling me for weeks how great these are, so I finally caved and bought a couple. I stayed with safer shades, since I was buying online, but it looked like they had a lot of really neat colors that I’d like to try out.
- Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation – I’ve heard some good things about this foundation, so I thought I’d check it out. I like my current one, but I could use one with a little more coverage for some occasions, so hopefully this one will check that box. Plus, I needed to spend a little more to get free shipping and my free gift, so what the heck, right?
- Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition 21 Color Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette – I’m probably most excited about this. First, it was only $18, and it has a lot of colors that I think I can wear on a daily basis. Plus, it’s just a beautiful palette. I’ve never used any BH Cosmetics stuff, but it looked like it had some good reviews. I’ll be sure to let you know how it goes.
- 4-Piece MAC Gift Set – Because I spent $50 (which is what you need for free shipping, anyways), I got a free 4-piece gift set from MAC. I can’t remember exactly what it featured off the top of my head, and the listing isn’t available anymore, but I know it had a lipstick, a mascara, maybe a primer, and something else. I’ve never tried any MAC products, because they are so expensive, but I’m excited to see if they’re worth the hype.
With a $3.50 off coupon, I got all of this for $55.09, which I personally think is amazing for all of this. I can’t wait to play with it all and let you know how everything is working. What are your favorite pieces from recent beauty hauls?